- At least 17 years old at the time of the local pageant (See statement below by the Miss America Organization)
- If you're between the ages of 13 and 17, you can compete for Miss Texas Outstanding Teen.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- No more than 24 years old on December 31th of the year of the Miss America national finals
- High school graduate or successfully completed G.E.D. by State Pageant date
- Female, never married, and have never had any children
- Meet residency requirements for competing in your first local pageant as noted below
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization
- Be able to meet the time commitment responsibilities as set forth by the local or state program in which you compete.
Age Eligibility Requirements Update!
The Miss America Organization's contestant age eligibility requirements are based on a calendar year, not a pageant cycle, and remains unchanged. In order to be eligible to compete in a local or state competition, a contestant cannot be older than twenty-four (24) years of age on December 31st the year she could be chosen to represent her state in the National Finals.
This year's pageant will be held at the historic Josephine Theater in San Antonio, Texas. We will be combining our pageant with the Miss San Antonio Organization. The pageant will be held on November 3, 2018. Stay tuned for further details.
Submit a form and let us know that you want more information on how to compete!
Then follow the link to the remainder of the official Miss and Teen paperwork to get started on your journey with the Miss America Organziation!